The Family Room is growing and now accepting applications for part time positions!
The Family Room is growing and now accepting applications for a part time position! It’s our mission to serve our customers with great care, authenticity, and kindness. We are looking for a sales associate who wants to help us create customer connections in a positive and meaningful way. We are looking for a candidate who loves thoughtful and unique gifts, coffee & ice cream, and working alongside a super dynamic and fun team of awesome people. Our ideal candidate loves to be with people and is high energy, engaging, a team player and able to work in a fast paced environment.
If you have two or more years of experience in the home and gift retail sector and are able to work weekends and through the busy holiday season, then we would love to hear from you.
Candidates should be available and willing to work some weekdays, most weekends (including Sundays) and holiday hours. Management experience is preferred; retail and coffee/ice cream shop experience is an added plus. We are looking for a person who loves to be with people and is high energy, engaging, a team player and able to work in a fast paced environment.
DUTIES INCLUDE (but are not limited to):
- Create a warm, welcoming, and authentic shop experience for customers by greeting customers in a friendly manner, identifying their needs
in a thoughtful, caring way, and fulfilling those needs thoroughly and respectfully.
- Assist fellow team members in receiving and unboxing merchandise; able to lift 25lbs or more
- Merchandise product in a way that maximizes the sales floor for an easy, enjoyable shopping experience.
- Learning about products and sharing their unique stories.
- Learn store POS system and facilitate sales at the register.
- Manage a team for weekend retail as well as opening and closing The Family Room throughout the week.
- Treat fellow team members with respect and kindness, and assist them as needed.
- Exemplify The Family Room values of community, kindness, and respect.
- Position is Part Time (20 to 32 hours a week) and compensation is based on experience & skill.
- Candidate must be available to work some weekdays, most weekends and throughout the busy holiday season - possibility of continued employment after holiday.
- Preferred candidates have 2+ years of retail management experience; coffee or ice cream experience is a plus
- Candidate must be competent in POS systems and social media usage.
- Candidate must have a willingness to learn and adapt to changing procedures of a growing local business.
If you are interested in joining our team please fill out the application below and send a cover letter,
why you think you would be a great fit for Team TFR to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serious inquiries only, please!